The Swinging Mountaineers is a “Plus” square dance club in Bend, Oregon. Plus is an advanced form of square dancing, usually learned after “mainstream,” the beginning level of square dancing. The Swinging Mountaineers began as a mainstream club in Sisters, Oregon, in 1980. They later moved to Bend and changed to a plus club.
Dance Times and Locations
- 2nd and 4th Friday of each month
- 7:00 — Intermediate Rounds; 7:30 – 10:00 PM — Plus Squares
- Pine Forest Grange, 63214 Boyd Acres Rd, Bend, Oregon [Map]
- Dance cost is $6.00 per person
Club Callers and Cuers
- Guest Callers
- Guest Cuers
- February, 2nd Friday – Valentine’s Dance
- April, 2nd Friday – Hard Times Peanut Dance
- May, 2nd Friday – Club Birthday & Fiesta Dance. Mexican theme with lots of prizes!
- September, 2nd Friday – Sundae on Friday Dance. Ice Cream Sundaes with all the trimmings.
- October, 4th Friday – Halloweenie Dance. Hot dogs with all the fixin’s.
- December, 2nd Friday – Christmas Dance and Charity Food Drive. Bring non-perishable food donations.
- Plus lessons/workshop start in January and continue thru March on Sunday evenings, $2.00 per dancer.