2023 Central Oregon Round Up
Mainstream, Plus, Advanced and
Round Dancing Phase II – IV
Featured Callers and Cuers
|Jay Henderson, Caller
||Dave Cooper, Cuer
The Central Oregon Round-Up features a weekend of dancing, shopping and the best outdoor recreation in Oregon. Experience Central Oregon hospitality on the wooden sidewalks and in the shops of Sisters, Oregon. The Round-up is sponsored by the High Desert Dancers of Bend, Red Rock Squares of Redmond and Sagebrush Shufflers of Prineville.
2023 – Date, Times and Location
The Round-Up is held annually the 2nd weekend of August at Sisters High School, 1700 W. McKinney Butte Road. [Map] RV parking on the level high school parking lot is available – dry camping only.
Thursday, August 10
- The Trails End Dance, featuring local Oregon callers and cuers, is on Thursday night from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. While there is no cost, donations are appreciated. [This year, the trails end dance will be held at Sisters High School.]
Friday, August 11
- Friday afternoon Mainstream dance from 2:00 – 3:00 pm, local and regional callers and cuers
- Friday afternoon Plus/Advanced dance 4:00 – 5:00 pm with Jay Henderson
- Friday night Mainstream Dance from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm, every third tip Plus. Pre-Rounds – 7:00 pm. Jay Henderson and Dave Cooper.
Saturday, August 12
- Saturday morning Round Dance Workshop from 10:30 – noon with Dave Cooper.
- Saturday afternoon Mainstream dance from 2:00 – 4:00 with regional callers.
- Saturday afternoon Plus and Advanced Dance from 4:00 – 5:00 with Jay Henderson
- Saturday night Mainstream Dance from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm, every third tip Plus. Pre-Rounds – 7:00 pm with Jay Henderson and Dave Cooper.
Square dance attire admired but not required for the Friday and Saturday evening dances.
Hearing enhancement system is available.
- A silent auction of a variety of goodies starts on Friday evening and concludes Saturday evening.
- Be sure to check the bulletin board at the dance for spontaneous unscheduled events. The M/C will also spotlight these “spur-of-the-moment” activities.
Click [here] to download the full Round-Up flyer. Print the flyer, cut out the registration form, then follow the instructions on the form to complete it and mail it in.
(Note: this file is in pdf format.)
|Paul Ostrom, Chairman||(541) email@example.com|
|Marial Gertz, Registrar||(541) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Vendors at the Round-Up
- Roger Putzler Jewelry
- “Designs by Keith” custom embroidery
- SqDini Badges
For information on restaurants, camping, motels and other unique area activities
|Greater Central Oregon||www.visitcentraloregon.com|
56total visits,2visits today